Friday, August 25, 2017

Justin - Ridiculous Confession


I am a Pirate
Though when he asked, I knew that I
Should give to him an answer plain,
I stooped down low to meet his eye
And plant a kernel in his brain;
And though I knew it quite insane
To plant such nonsense in his head,
Temptation I could not restrain:
“I am a pirate” is what I said.


Patient I waited his reply,
Prepared for wounded pride to feign.
Bandana, earrings caught his eye;
I watched as gears spun in his brain.
When he asked upon which main
I kept my ship of purpose dread,
“The Great Salt Lake,” a whisper strained,
“I am a pirate” is what I said.


And even then so sure was I
That he would call my tale inane,
But cocking head with smile sly
I hitched one more proof to this train,
And from the closet did obtain
A tricorn to place on my head,
As though it were my crown of reign:
“I am a pirate” is what I said.

And so he held to that refrain
Two years before the lie was dead;
Two years before his words, my pain
“You’re not a pirate” is what he said.  

No comments:

Post a Comment