Friday, August 19, 2016

Jason - Laughter



On the writing

This week we had the subject a laughter. I picked it because on one had to laugh is something simple, a bubble of released joy. A response to a joke, a happy reunion, a funny memory. On the other hand it is more complex than that, there is a deeper meaning inside of that simple sound. With my trio of limericks, the style this week, I have tried to capture a little of that depth.

Three Laughs

As a family we found our marked seats,
Soon the hero accomplished his feat.
It resolved in a gaff,
Which then made us all laugh.
So our union by mirth was complete.

From the couch at our show we both stared.
At the jokes our small cheer became paired.
So to you I held tight,
My grin lasting all night,
For the joy from the joy that we shared.

In the basement it felt like tomb,
Til a prank my amusement exhumed.
So my voice I heard soar,
But it fell to the floor.
Again silence reigned over the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment