Friday, May 26, 2017

Jason - The Island



My Island

In blur and breath I’m thrust into the night.
With stretching gulf it calls, “just happy choose.”
Exposed I hide and fail darkness to smite,
Alone. Alone it's everyone I lose.
My throne of sand and view of depths unplumbed,
In restless rest I’ve to my wound succumbed.

From azure tide to shore a bottle toss,
A ray of hope I hold within my hand.
In ink on crumpled page I pour my loss,
And dream of message cast to distant land.
Confinement spawned that grasping scroll might save.
Glass green is lost beneath the foam and waves.

I sit and watch beneath the dying sun.
I’m powerless to reach across the sea.
A ship of light appears and I’m unspun,
I picture brothers understanding me.
Suppose I capsize hope and joy ensnare?
Reluctant groan released, I hold my flare.

No comments:

Post a Comment