Friday, February 3, 2017

Mr. Dodson - Jason




Before the elementary,
A school which shares his name.
Before he tried to retire,
But was brought back four times.
Before the days which brought us here,
To all of us he sang:

     You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
     You make me happy when skies are grey
     You never know, dears, how much I love you
     Please don't take my sunshine away

The other night I lay asleep,
Our school was in my dreams.
My class and I a red ball kicked,
Into the air it sailed.
As principal he stood and watched,
He watched with open arms.

     When I awoke, dear, I was mistaken
     So I hung my head, and I cried
     You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
     You make me happy when skies are grey

The storm did not nostalgia take,
He stood with beaming smile.
“With children,” I could hear him say,
“Is where all beauty starts.”
The way he lived with no regret,
He gave his heart to us.

     You never know, dear, how much I love you
     Please don't take my sunshine away

    Please don't take my sunshine away

No comments:

Post a Comment