Friday, September 2, 2016

Jason - Song



On the writing

This week we worked on a Song Parody, which can be kind of hard to do, but I like them quite a bit.  It is not uncommon, at our dinner table, to take some Disney song and rewrite it to be able some tragedy.  So, this week I had a bit of fun taking What a Wonderful World and giving it a bit of a Greek flare.  In this case Hades at the end of the harvest welcoming home Persephone.

Hot and Dark Underworld (To Persephone)

Eight long months on earth,
while wheat fields grew.
That means it's time,
for me and you.
And I make you come back,
To my dark underworld.

You’ll see Tartarus,
And feel it's might.
The king’s judgement day,
The raw frantic fright.
And you see for yourself,
Hot and dark underworld.

The eddies of tormented,
The hopeless rushing by.
The expressionless faces,
Of people who have died.
You’ll see friends contemplate,
Thinking, "What did I do?"
What I’m really saying,
"I miss you".

You’ll see my great wealth,
The palace glow,
I’ve built you a throne,
on which you’ll go.
And you see for yourself,
Hot and dark underworld.

Yes, you see for yourself,
Hot and dark underworld.

Oh yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment