Friday, April 8, 2016

Jason - Happiness



On the writing:

I picked the topic,happiness, this week. It seems so broad it should be easy to write on, but at this moment, if I am being honest, it is not. I could write something about cotton candy and rainbows, but there is nothing genuine about that. Every happiness right now is a complex bundle of happy and sad and guilt and loss. So, as best as I am able, I have tried to capture that in the acrostic below.  Overall, I would say I am happy with the result, but I have tried the change the ending to sound a little less trite, but this is the best I have gotten it to.


Happiness

“How are you doing?” is said so free,
Abscinding thoughts, exposing me.
Painting memories inside my mind
Pairing the past to present time.
“I had a quite successful day!”
No more than that, need I to say.
Except of course when good news came,
So did the dark which clouds my brain.
Sharing the joy I had inside
For her I always did provide.
Only there now comes no response,
Until the grief do I ensconce.
Now regard I the empty plate,
Despite the loss, my life is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment