Friday, November 3, 2017

Justin - Fighting the Beast


Fighting the Beast
I want to rise; I want to sit, 
But my head won’t lift.
I want to rise; I want to stand,
But my hands won’t push.
I want to rise; I want to go,
But my legs won’t move,
‘Cause there’s something, 
Someone inside me, holding me down. 
Then you cause me to rise.
You cause me to rise.
I want to live; to show compassion, 
But my head turns away. 
I want to give; to show some mercy, 
But my hands clench tight.
I want to go, and take hope with me,
But my feet always stumble;
There’s still something, 
Someone inside me, holding me back.
Then you cause me to care.
You cause me to care.
How long? How long must I fight this monster?
How long must I go ‘til the beast gives in?
How long? How long must I be two persons? 
How long? How much more ‘til he’s dead?

I want to love, give all to you,
But my head builds idols. 
I want to love my brother like you,
But my arms stick to my sides.
I want to love my neighbor as me,
But I turn and walk away; 
There’s that something, 
Someone inside me, fighting me back. 
Then you cause me to love.
You cause me to love. 

How long? How long will we fight this monster?
How far must we go ‘til the beast gives in?
How long? How long must I be two persons? 
How long? How much more ‘til he’s dead?

You want me to rise;
You cause me to rise.
You want me to care;
You cause me to care.
You want me to love;
You cause me to love.
And I am the beast.

No comments:

Post a Comment