Friday, October 6, 2017

Tough Decision - Jason



With Care

My Mom and Dad sat just behind
Where single hand my arm could find
Perfect office
Perfect chair
But it was me they’d wrapped with care

The time had come to vessel pick
From pages glossy, bright and slick
Lives unravelled
Lives unfair
How do I wrap her life with care?

Can purple tell of mother’s love?
Will wood reveal the home above?
Diming thought
Diming prayer
I want to shout I do not care

I want to dwell in times gone by
Remember nights with starry sky
Memories lived
Memories rare
In times I now enwrap with care

We step in castle shadowed walk
With hands entwined we laugh and talk
Sugared visions
Sugared air
Like ornaments I wrap with care

We hold each other arm in arm
To fire light on uncle’s farm
Lifted union
Lifted there
More gifts in time I wrap in care

The tears they weigh upon my cheek
The waiting eyes insist I speak
Broken focus
Broken pair
So now I must wrap her with care

No comments:

Post a Comment