Friday, April 14, 2017

Mistaken Identity - Jason

Second Sight


When the people so shifted and I saw her face
In the glance of her eyes I foresee her embrace
Overwhelmed and relieved there’s so much to relate
But the moment is wrong and my heart starts to race

Through the crowd I am tracking my fears to abate
She appears just awaiting then lengthens her gait
Tangerine was her shirt I repeat in my head
In that instant I leapt so the truth culminate

Then she turned and displayed it was not who I wed
And my hope drained away expectation misled
So the weight then returned that distinct albatross
And again she was gone with my hurt still unsaid

Twas the prison of silence an ocean I’m tossed
Where submerged by the weight of the memory embossed
So I craft my mirage from a stranger I cross
A mistake of intention to bandage my loss

No comments:

Post a Comment